Monday, February 17, 2014

Songs to Make Running a Little Sweeter (Or as Sweet as It Can Be)

It's that time of year again: marathon training!  Please, don't for a second believe my enthusiasm...  Yes, marathon training.  A time when I would rather run to the refrigerator than 16 miles in the cold and wet Chicago weather.  But, in order to shake things up a bit, picking an upbeat, electrifying playlist has the capability to reboot my motivation and make the miles pass by a little quicker (but, of course, never quick enough).  Here's my latest playlist and please, feel free to judge me all you like:

1. Ain't Messin 'Round by Gary Clark, Jr.

2. Mrs. Brown, You've Got a Lovely Daughter by Herman's Hermits (It helps that my mom's maiden name is Brown.  I like to imagine David Cassidy serenading me with this song on a yacht in Cabo.)

3. Love Me Again by John Newman

4. Team by Lorde (I know, I know, she's mainstream and by liking this song, my "hipster" card should be revoked but I don't care; she has cool hair.)

5. Father and Daughter by Paul Simon (Cliché but so darn cute!)

6. Mr. Brightside by the Killers (2004 anyone???)

7. Somebody Who Loves You by Betty Who (Australian Euro-pop!)

8. Basically anything by John Denver because I'm just so homesick for Colorado

9.  Rebel Girl by Bikini Kill

10.  I'm the Man Who Murdered Love by XTC

Geez, I just noticed that for being a self-described feminist, I sure listen to a lot of male singers.  Joni Mitchell, where art thou???





Running sucks.

But not really.




No comments:

Post a Comment