Thursday, June 19, 2014

Because These Are A Few of My Favorite Thiiiiiiiings!!!

What do I do when I'm injured and can't run?  Talk and think and write and dream about running, naturally.

Running gear:

My current shoe rotation (I would add EVEN more shoes into the mix if I had more money!)
Nike Free Runs (used for short, recovery runs and when I want to feel light and fast!)

Nike Zoom Vomero 9+ (used for longer runs when I want to have some support but feel slight and springy!)

Brooks GTS Adrenaline 13 a.k.a. my old, forever friends (give me support and stop my flat feet from overpronating)

Adzero ClimaCool Tank
(By far, the lightest, softest, loosest running tank I have ever come across; love it!)


Oiselle Flyte Shorts (3.5 inches)
#flystyle

Target C9 by Champion Waterproof Digit Watch
(old faithful, 5+ years running!)


Goody Ouchless Headbands (for when I want to give shape and style to my slicked-back-french-braided hair-do--or don't depending on who's judging)


Wigwam Ironman Triathlete Socks
(These socks = good-bye blisters and foot funk)

Sennheiser headphones (wrap around my ears and never slip off; perfect match for my iPod shuffle circa 2006)


Music:

My current rotation ( I promise that I have far better taste in music than what this playlist current shows; these songs just help pump me up for my long-distance training)



Food/Fuel:


Honey Stinger Waffles
(I have an incredibly sensitive stomach and usually have a hard time finding foods to go down during long runs; these are easily digested and have the carbs my body needs to keep truckin')


Pedialyte Powdered Drink Mix (the electrolyte count in these bad boys is OFF THE CHARTS; I drink one packet mixed with cold water the night before my long runs)


Skittles (sugar, sugar, sugar BABY; helps to push through the last couple of tough miles every once in a while)

Earth Balance Crunchy Coconut & Peanut Spread (I swear to god once you try this, you'll never go back to boring JIF or Peter Pan; it's that good)

Skratch Labs Powered Drink Mix (basically an all-natural alternative to Gatorade)

Sobe Life Water (not sure how great it is for you--sweetened with Stevia--but I like it better than Vitamin Water)


Synergy Chia Seed Kombucha (cha-cha-cha!)

Trader Joe's Just Mango Slices (if I could condense the season of summer into a food, this would be it)

TV Shows:

If MTV creates a True Life: I'm Addicted to Television, you know where to find me :)

American Ninja Warrior (2nd best to the true Japanese version that my cable network no longer supplies me with)

Fargo: the TV Show
(Billy Bob Thorton.  Martin Freeman. Bam.)

Gilmore Girls
(Because we all want to live picture-perfect Stars Hallow and go to an Ivy League school for free and eat junk food and never gain an ounce)

Game of Thrones
(Blood. Bath.)

House Hunters International
(Some Americans should NOT be able to live overseas; they embarrass us all and they suck at buying houses)

Dance Moms
(Because I enjoy watching overweight women give young girls PTSD)

Law & Order: SVU
(By far, the best spin-off of the series.  And no matter what my grandma says, Ice-T, you will always suck as an actor)
Books:

Too many... I will devote an entire post to my literary library later.

Running Inspiration:

Mainly for my benefit...I need all kinds of inspiration on a daily basis.








No comments:

Post a Comment